2019 federal election information for employees10/1/19 11:07 PM
From the Human Resources Department
The federal election will be held on Monday, October 21, 2019. The polls for the eederal election will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Under the Canada Elections Act, an employee who is eligible to vote is entitled to three consecutive hours for the purpose of casting their vote.
TTC work locations will conduct business as usual on election day. If your duties or hours of work interfere with your ability to vote on election day, you are encouraged to use advance polls. Advance polls are available:
> Friday, October 11.
> Saturday, October 12.
> Sunday, October 13.
> Monday, October 14.
The advance polls are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. See Elections Canada (Ways to Vote) for more information.
If you are unable to take advantage of the advance polls, and your TTC duties will not allow three consecutive hours away from work to vote, you may make a written application for time off to your department head or designate. This application should be made well in advance of election day and provide sufficient reason for the request. Refer to TTC Policy 4.9.3 (Federal, Provincial and Municipal Elections) for more information.
October 1, 2019
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 07/02/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 30/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 27/01/2020
- New Head of Materials Management, 24/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 23/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 13/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 09/01/2020
- Safety Notice #7: Subway Air Quality Update, 06/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 16/12/2019
- Fitness for Duty Update: Cannabis Edibles, 13/12/2019