Message from the Chief Operating Officer10/3/19 6:00 PM
TTC switching to digital radio (TETRA) in January
Mandatory radio trade-in now taking place
The TTC is switching its radio system to the TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) network, and will test the new system starting this November. We will conduct two test days on November 3 and December 19 using only the new TETRA system (the analogue will be turned off).
If you use a radio to communicate at work, please contact your Supervisor or Department Head and trade in your analogue radio for a TETRA radio as soon as possible. The change is mandatory, and old radios will no longer work once the TETRA network is fully switched over in January 2020.
The TETRA system is fully operational now and can safely replace analogue radios. The Operations Group recommends that employees use TETRA radios exclusively, as using both the analogue and the TETRA at once will interfere with the quality of TETRA radio reception.
The change in radio systems is mandated by Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED), and also aligns with industry best practices. TETRA radio is used globally, and offers better voice quality, communication modes, customization options and recording capabilities for investigations.
Thank you for your co-operation during this transition.
Chief Operating Officer
October 3, 2019
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- COVID-19 update: Another employee tests positive, 08/04/2020
- COVID-19 priority testing now available to frontline TTC employees showing symptoms, 07/04/2020
- COVID-19 update: Seventh employee tests positive, 05/04/2020
- Safety Notice #15: COVID-19 Update, 02/04/2020
- COVID-19 update: Sixth employee tests positive, 01/04/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 31/03/2020
- Child care for essential workers includes TTC, 30/03/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 26/03/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 20/03/2020
- Use of masks while working, 18/03/2020