May 6-12 is Mental Health Week across Canada5/5/19 11:53 PM
From Occupational Health and Well-being
As a TTC employee, you have a number of resources available to you to keep you in a state of good mental health. Staying strong and resilient is crucial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle for your family and for you – on and off the job. The following resources are available to all employees on a strictly private and confidential basis:
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
EFAP provides you and your family with immediate and CONFIDENTIAL support to help resolve work, health and life challenges to improve your life. It is a confidential, voluntary, short-term support service that can help you take the first step towards change. There is NO COST to you and it’s available 24/7, 365 days a year. This program, included in your benefits, is now easier to access than ever. Watch this video for more information on how to access this program and get the help you need as your fingertips.
You can access EFAP by:
1. Telephone at 1-800-572-0039 or TTY 1-877-338-0275)
2. Online at workhealthlife.com
3. My EAP app (available on Apple and Android)
New Mental Fitness microsite: Morneau Shepell has a new Mental Fitness microsite with resources to help you maintain good mental health. Try these to get started:
The Peer Support Team provides confidential support to employees who experience traumatic events. You can reach them any time at 416-397-8326.
Canadian Mental Health Association: www.cmha.ca
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: www.camh.net
Centre for Suicide Prevention: www.suicideinfo.ca
For more information on these and other TTC wellness initiatives, please call Paula Pimentel, Manager of Health and Well-being 416-397-8693 or Elizabeth Krupa, Health and Well-being Disability Management Specialist 416-393-4578.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Rewards & Recognition Fall nominations are now open!, 24/07/2019
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 15/07/2019
- Message from the Chief Infrastructure & Engineering Officer, 26/06/2019
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 18/06/2019
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 17/05/2019
- Message from the Operations and Service Delivery Chiefs, 08/05/2019
- May 6-12 is Mental Health Week across Canada, 05/05/2019
- Notice of improvements, 22/04/2019
- Message from the Chief Financial Officer, 09/04/2019
- Safety Notice #6: Subway Air Quality Update, 25/02/2019