Notice of improvements4/22/19 6:00 PM
Message from the TTC Pension Fund Society
After careful consideration of affordable plan improvements based on the Plan’s actuarial reports, the Board of Directors are pleased to advise all Members of the following changes to the Pension Plan effective January 1, 2019.
For Members who retired on or after January 1, 2019, your pensionable earnings in 2018 will now be included in the base period for calculating the pension benefits. The base period formula will now be the average of your best four years of pensionable earnings up to December 31, 2018.
In lock-step with this formula update, the Survivor Benefit Date has been moved to January 1, 2019. This means that for married Members, the 60% survivor option will have no cost for all pension service prior to January 1, 2019.
Also, Pensioners will receive an ad hoc cost of living increase of 2.16% effective January 1, 2019.
The Bylaw Amendments to effect the improvements were approved by the PFS Board at their meeting on April 18th. Approval will now be requested at the TTC Board meeting on May 8th and at the Annual General Meeting on Saturday, June 22, 2019.
As a reminder, there is no contractual obligation to provide benefit improvements. On an annual basis, the Board of Directors assess affordability of benefit improvements and grant them at their discretion. Future enhancements are not guaranteed.
If you have any questions, or would like an updated pension estimate, you can contact us via email at PFS@ttc.ca or call us at 416-393-4367, 416-393-4368 or toll free at 1-800-663-6820.
April 22, 2019
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Rewards & Recognition Fall nominations are now open!, 24/07/2019
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 15/07/2019
- Message from the Chief Infrastructure & Engineering Officer, 26/06/2019
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 18/06/2019
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 17/05/2019
- Message from the Operations and Service Delivery Chiefs, 08/05/2019
- May 6-12 is Mental Health Week across Canada, 05/05/2019
- Notice of improvements, 22/04/2019
- Message from the Chief Financial Officer, 09/04/2019
- Safety Notice #6: Subway Air Quality Update, 25/02/2019