Fitness for Duty Update5/29/18 1:49 PM
TTC Oral Fluid Testing Kit Information
On May 14, 2018, the TTC issued a notice to all employees regarding the presence of bovine gelatin in the Intercept Oral Fluid testing kit, as well as the accommodation process to be followed when requested by an employee. At that time it was also noted that TTC was looking to secure an alternative method of testing, one that does not contain bovine gelatin.
Effective June 1, 2018, the TTC will switch to a new oral fluid testing device called Quantisal. The Quantisal device has a number of advantages, most notably that it is free from all animal and animal by-products, including gelatin.
Between now and the launch of the Quantisal device on Friday, the TTC will continue to review all requests for accommodation.
For more information on the TTC’s Fitness for Duty Policy: Program Lead – Fitness for Duty – Peter Bartz 416-206-3169, FitnessForDuty@ttc.ca or Program Assistant – Fitness for Duty – Maria Delgado 416-397-8896.
This notice from the Human Resources Department was issued on May 29, 2018.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 update: sixth positive test.
Safety Notice #14: New Coronavirus Outbreak.
Austin, Beecroft, Brennan, Caldi, Clydesdale, DeCarvalho, Hurley, Kawala, McKinney, McMillan, Navarra, Ospalak, Shepherd, Stokell, Vella, Wood, Young.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 07/02/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 30/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 27/01/2020
- New Head of Materials Management, 24/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 23/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 13/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 09/01/2020
- Safety Notice #7: Subway Air Quality Update, 06/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 16/12/2019
- Fitness for Duty Update: Cannabis Edibles, 13/12/2019