Notice of improvements5/6/15 5:00 AM
Message from the Pension Fund Society
After careful consideration of affordable plan improvements based on the Plan’s actuarial reports, the Board of Directors are pleased to advise all Members of the following changes to the Pension Plan effective January 1, 2015.
For Members who retire on or after January 1, 2015, your pensionable earnings in 2014 will now be included in the based period for calculating the pension benefits. The base period formula will now be the average of your best four years of pensionable earnings up to December 31, 2014.
In lock-step with this formula update, the Survivor Benefit Date has been moved to January 1, 2015. This means that for married Members, the 60% survivor option will have no cost for all pension service prior to January 1, 2015.
Also, Pensioners will receive an ad hoc cost of living increase of up to 2% effective January 1, 2015.
The Bylaw Amendments to effect the improvements will be presented to the TTC Board on May 27, 2015 and to the Members at the Annual General Meeting on Saturday, June 20, 2015.
As a reminder, there is no contractual obligation to provide benefit improvements. On an annual basis, the Board of Directors assess affordability of benefit improvements and grant them at their discretion. Future enhancements are not guaranteed.
If you have any questions, or would like an updated pension estimate, you can contact us via e-mail at PFS@ttc.ca, or call us at 416-393-4367, 416-393-4368 or toll-free at 1-800-663-6820.
May 5, 2015
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- COVID-19 update: Another employee tests positive, 08/04/2020
- COVID-19 priority testing now available to frontline TTC employees showing symptoms, 07/04/2020
- COVID-19 update: Seventh employee tests positive, 05/04/2020
- Safety Notice #15: COVID-19 Update, 02/04/2020
- COVID-19 update: Sixth employee tests positive, 01/04/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 31/03/2020
- Child care for essential workers includes TTC, 30/03/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 26/03/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 20/03/2020
- Use of masks while working, 18/03/2020