Message from the DCEO-CCO7/8/15 9:13 AM
Pan Am Games using therapy dogs
Customers travel with animals on the TTC all the time. Most often they are guide dogs or service animals. During the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, St. John Ambulance is undertaking a new initiative involving therapy dogs and their owners.
Therapy dogs are most commonly used in hospitals and retirement homes to provide comfort and mental-health therapy to patients and seniors.
During the Games, you may see these therapy dogs and their owners travelling via TTC to various sporting events and the athlete’s village to provide similar support to athletes.
A therapy dog will be identifiable by a Pan Am-branded bandana around its neck. Dog owners will be wearing a Pan Am-branded shirt.
Please recognize the effort that is being undertaken by St. John Ambulance, and the Games organizers, and allow these customers travelling with therapy dogs to use TTC services at all hours of the day, whenever it is safe to do so.
The Pan Am Games take place between July 10-26. The Parapan Am Games take place between August 7-15.
Deputy CEO/Chief Customer Officer
July 7, 2015
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 update: sixth positive test.
Safety Notice #14: New Coronavirus Outbreak.
Austin, Beecroft, Brennan, Caldi, Clydesdale, DeCarvalho, Hurley, Kawala, McKinney, McMillan, Navarra, Ospalak, Shepherd, Stokell, Vella, Wood, Young.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 07/02/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 30/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 27/01/2020
- New Head of Materials Management, 24/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 23/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 13/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 09/01/2020
- Safety Notice #7: Subway Air Quality Update, 06/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 16/12/2019
- Fitness for Duty Update: Cannabis Edibles, 13/12/2019