STATEMENT BY THE TTC: HEIGHTENED SECURITY10/22/14 11:00 AM
The Toronto Transit Commission has implemented heightened security across the entire transit system following the tragic events this morning in Ottawa. TTC customers can expect to see increased visibility of transit enforcement officers and Toronto Police on subway trains and in subway stations.
The TTC began heightening security two weeks ago following comments by ISIS with respect to Canada's participation to combat the terrorist group. At this time, there is no credible threat to public transit in Toronto. Nevertheless, all TTC personnel will be looking for suspicious activity or suspicious packages to ensure the TTC remains safe. Customers who see something are asked to say something to a uniformed TTC employee or police.
In addition to increased vigilance in public spaces, TTC security personnel will be stepping up perimeter checks and other non-public entries into the system, including subway tunnels, garages and carhouses.
Advancing to the next level.
New Director – Procurement, Operating.
Safety Notice #14: New Coronavirus Outbreak.
Austin, Beecroft, Brennan, Caldi, Clydesdale, DeCarvalho, Hurley, Kawala, McKinney, McMillan, Navarra, Ospalak, Shepherd, Stokell, Vella, Wood, Young.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 07/02/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 30/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 27/01/2020
- New Head of Materials Management, 24/01/2020
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 23/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 13/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 09/01/2020
- Safety Notice #7: Subway Air Quality Update, 06/01/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 16/12/2019
- Fitness for Duty Update: Cannabis Edibles, 13/12/2019