Voice of the Raptors cheers subway riders12 June, 2019
Herbie Kuhn has been the voice of the Toronto Raptors for 24 years. Since the start of the NBA Finals, he’s been the voice in the subway encouraging riders to take the TTC. His public address message continues every game day until the end of the championship series.
The announcement: “This is Herbie Kuhn, the in-arena voice of your Toronto Raptors. Be sure to celebrate proudly and take the TTC wherever you’re headed to cheer on your Toronto Raptors.”
Mayor John Tory has also lent his voice to the TTC. His announcement also airs every game day and it calls for all Raptor fans to take the TTC to cheer on their home team.
The announcement: “Hi it’s Mayor John Tory here and I’m encouraging all my fellow Raptors fans to take the TTC as we cheer on our team during the NBA Finals. Let’s go Raptors and let’s get there on the TTC.”
Employees at Mount Dennis Division and Garage show off their Toronto Raptors spirit during the 2019 NBA Finals versus the Golden State Warriors.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- City of Toronto and TTC launch public information campaign and consultation on transit review, 04/06/2019
- Julie Osborne joins TTC Board, 15/05/2019
- April 28 is National Day of Mourning, 25/04/2019
- Transit reaction from Mayor Tory, 16/04/2019
- TTC Board Meeting Highlights (January 10, 2019), 18/01/2019
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 113 Election Results, 04/01/2019
- TTC Board 2014-2018, 31/12/2018
- Jaye Robinson named as new Chair of the TTC, 18/12/2018
- St Patrick becomes TTC’s 45th accessible station, 06/12/2018
- Meet Marcus: Next Chief Exec?, 03/10/2018