City working with TTC to provide COVID-19 vaccine registration information to 26,000 Wheel-Trans customers3/27/21 6:00 PM
On March 24, Mayor John Tory announced that the City of Toronto is working with Wheel-Trans to ensure its customers – many of whom are seniors – have all the information they need to register for a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at a City-run mass immunization clinic.
To help the City reach as many people as possible, Wheel-Trans will provide rides to City-run mass vaccination sites for existing Wheel-Trans customers and for those who qualify for Wheel-Trans service. Wheel-Trans will be contacting its 26,000 existing customers via email, as well as through other channels, including newsletters, phone messages, and messages on its website and booking sites for those interested in booking a vaccine appointment.
“I want to thank TTC CEO Rick Leary for taking action and working with us to reach out to residents,” said Mayor John Tory. “It's another example of our Team Toronto approach where everyone across the organization is working to help.”
The TTC and Wheel-Trans are dedicated to getting its customers, and those who qualify for Wheel-Trans service, to and from their vaccine appointment safely. Those using Wheel-Trans will be provided with a solo ride to and from their appointment.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy update.
TTC launching new TTC and Coupler websites October 22!
Bugala, Chinnery, Coombs, Dailous, Gannon, Genno, Hlynsky, Keefer, Lima, Macedo, Manera, Mattaroccia, Reilly, Simpson, Stantic, Straw, Sunday, Tanashi, Voteary, Zarovski.
TTC 1921-2021. On September 1, 1921, the Toronto Transportation Commission began serving the citizens of a rapidly growing Toronto when it took over a mix of private and municipal street railways within the city.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- City working with TTC to provide COVID-19 vaccine registration information to 26,000 Wheel-Trans customers, 27/03/2021
- Office of the Chief Executive, 26/03/2021
- Back Track: March 30, 1954, 03/03/2021
- March Board Period Service Changes, 01/03/2021
- CEO’s Report – March commentary, 25/02/2021
- February Board Period Service Changes, 01/02/2021
- 2020 subway closures, 14/01/2021
- January Board Period Service Changes, 02/01/2021
- City of Toronto accepting new Fair Pass Discount Program applications, 21/12/2020
- Toronto City Council votes to advance Eglinton East Light Rail Transit and Waterfront Transit Network, 16/12/2020