Royal York becomes TTC’s 46th accessible station1/17/20 12:14 PM
Royal York became the TTC’s 46th accessible station and the 17th with elevators on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth.
The station’s three elevators entered service on December 16, 2019. The elevators connect the street to the concourse and subway platforms levels. The TTC now has a total of 46 out of 75 stations that are accessible.
Elevator construction continues at the following stations: Dupont, Yorkdale, Wellesley, Wilson, Runnymede, Chester, Sherbourne, Bay, Keele and Lansdowne.
In 2020, construction is scheduled to start at Donlands and College stations.
The TTC’s Easier Access Phase III Project will make all the remaining subway stations accessible by 2025.
Here’s a list of subway stations equipped with elevators that make travel easier for people using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, other mobility devices or baby strollers:
Line 1 Yonge-University: Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, Highway 407, Pioneer Village, York University, Finch West, Downsview Park, Sheppard West, Lawrence West, Eglinton West, St Clair West, St George, Queen’s Park, St Patrick, Osgoode, St Andrew, Union, Queen, Dundas, Bloor-Yonge, St Clair, Davisville, Eglinton, York Mills, Sheppard-Yonge, North York Centre, Finch.
Line 2 Bloor-Danforth: Kipling, Royal York, Jane, Dundas West, Dufferin, Ossington, Bathurst, Spadina, St George, Bloor-Yonge, Broadview, Pape, Coxwell, Woodbine, Main Street, Victoria Park, Kennedy.
Line 3 Scarborough: Kennedy, Scarborough Centre.
Line 4 Sheppard: Sheppard-Yonge, Bayview, Bessarion, Leslie, Don Mills.
Note: Subway interchanges counted once.
For information on the status of elevators, please call the Elevator Service Status Line at 416-539-LIFT (5438).
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- TTC operational changes during COVID-19 pandemic, 18/03/2020
- City Council approves 2020 tax-supported budgets, 19/02/2020
- City and Province sign agreement on transit, 14/02/2020
- Royal York becomes TTC’s 46th accessible station, 17/01/2020
- 2019 Subway Closures Schedule, 08/01/2020
- Mayor John Tory’s Keynote Address, Building Up Toronto, at the Canadian Club of Toronto on Dec. 4, 2019, 08/12/2019
- Statement from Councillor Jaye Robinson, Chair of the Toronto Transit Commission, 29/10/2019
- Statement by TTC Chair Jaye Robinson on Toronto-Ontario agreement on transit expansion, 16/10/2019
- Mayor Tory’s remarks on the Toronto-Ontario transit update report on October 16, 2019, 16/10/2019
- Voice of the Raptors cheers subway riders, 12/06/2019