City and Province sign agreement on transit2/14/20 8:29 PM
Today (February 14), the City of Toronto and the Province of Ontario signed the preliminary Toronto-Ontario Transit Partnership Agreement https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/94f1-02-12-2020-Final-Prelim-Agreement-Ontario-Toronto-Transit-Partnership-AODA.pdf.
This agreement was signed by Chris Murray, City Manager, Michael Lindsay, Special Advisor to Cabinet – Transit Upload, and Shelley Tapp, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Transportation. The agreement formalizes a series of terms https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2019/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-138948.pdf approved by Council on October 29, 2019 http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2019.EX9.1. This agreement is the first in a series of agreements between the Province and City related to several transit initiatives.
Both governments are committed to working together to expand transit in Toronto. This agreement relates to the multi-billion-dollar investment in transit initiatives over the next twenty years. In particular:
> The Province of Ontario’s four priority transit projects: The Ontario Line, Line 2 East Extension (three-stop expansion of Line 2 into Scarborough), Yonge North Subway Extension and Eglinton Crosstown West Extension.
> TTC state of good repair enhancements, modernization/upgrades and other expansion to the TTC subway system.
> The Bloor-Yonge Capacity Enhancement Project.
> The stations program for GO Expansion/SmartTrack in Toronto.
> Commitment to ongoing Province-City engagement and collaboration to support delivery.
City of Toronto News Release issued on February 14, 2020
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- TTC operational changes during COVID-19 pandemic, 18/03/2020
- City Council approves 2020 tax-supported budgets, 19/02/2020
- City and Province sign agreement on transit, 14/02/2020
- Royal York becomes TTC’s 46th accessible station, 17/01/2020
- 2019 Subway Closures Schedule, 08/01/2020
- Mayor John Tory’s Keynote Address, Building Up Toronto, at the Canadian Club of Toronto on Dec. 4, 2019, 08/12/2019
- Statement from Councillor Jaye Robinson, Chair of the Toronto Transit Commission, 29/10/2019
- Statement by TTC Chair Jaye Robinson on Toronto-Ontario agreement on transit expansion, 16/10/2019
- Mayor Tory’s remarks on the Toronto-Ontario transit update report on October 16, 2019, 16/10/2019
- Voice of the Raptors cheers subway riders, 12/06/2019