It’s official: 525 million carried in 2013!1/21/14 5:35 AM
In 2013, the TTC set an all-time record of 525.2 million rides, surpassing its previous record total of 514 million in 2012.
The TTC achieved a 2.2-per-cent increase in ridership despite two catastrophic events that hit the Toronto and the GTA: a severe ice storm last December and major flooding last summer.
TTC ridership has now increased each year for the last 10 years. The TTC is projecting a new annual record ridership of 540 million in 2014.
Last year, the TTC set a new one-day ridership record, carrying 1.8 million customers on Nov. 28. The TTC also carried its 29 billionth rider last fall. With more than 1.6 million riders on an average weekday, the TTC maintains a cost-recovery rate of more than 70 per cent from the farebox – one of the highest on the continent.
The TTC has the third largest ridership in North America, after Mexico City and New York City – cities with populations greater than eight million people.
RIDER STATS (in millions)
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Office remains closed during pandemic.
Carreau, Edmunds, Finbow, Fyfe, Freeman, Genesis, Houghton, Lawrence, Miller, Proteau, O’Neill, Rostalski, Sammereira, Samson, Seffen, Smith, Willmore.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Office of the Chief Executive, 01/10/2020
- CEO’s Report – September commentary , 19/09/2020
- September Board Period Services Changes, 31/08/2020
- Wheel-Trans working non-stop to help keep our customers, staff safe, 31/08/2020
- COMTO is looking for new members. Join today!, 17/08/2020
- Wellesley becomes TTC’s 47th accessible station, 10/08/2020
- Toronto’s Executive Committee approves report to authorize the installation of priority bus lanes on Eglinton Avenue East, 21/07/2020
- TTC Board votes in favour of mandatory face coverings on the TTC, 17/06/2020
- TTC Customer Service Centre reopens May 25, 25/05/2020
- Neighbourly gesture from Starbucks, 22/04/2020