Office of the Chief Executive6/5/12 3:22 PM
Arbitrated Decision on Collective Agreement
The arbitrator selected to rule on a new collective agreement between the Toronto Transit Commission and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 113 provided a written decision and notice of award to both parties yesterday, June 4. Download the Arbitrator’s Decision and Award – June 4, 2012.
The award is retroactive to April 1, 2011. The term of the new contract is for three years and expires on March 31, 2014.
The highlights of the award and changes to the collective agreement are as follows:
- Wage increase of two per cent a year in each year of the contract.
- Elimination of a provision where a worker does not have to provide a medical note if they’re ill for five individual days or less.
- Allowing the TTC to contract out up to 62 per cent of Wheel-Trans service
- Improvements to benefits, including vision, hospitalization and vacation.
The wages and benefits awarded will apply to ATU Local 113 and Lodge 235.
TTC management and CUPE Local 2 continue to bargain. As well, the TTC will bring a report to the next Commission meeting on June 29 with cost implications, as well as a recommendation to apply this award to non-unionized TTC employees.
Chief Executive Officer
Advancing to the next level.
Antonacci, Boyd, Eastman, Farrell, Gebert, Grubner, Heaney, Jaue, Lech, Owen, Petsinis, Trpchich, Von Zuben, Webb.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Office of the Chief Executive, 24/12/2018
- Office of the Chief Executive, 18/12/2018
- Update on subway “uploading” discussions, 14/12/2018
- Office of the Chief Executive, 05/12/2018
- Office of the Chief Executive, 03/12/2018
- Office of the Chief Executive, 22/11/2018
- Welcome message to CUTA delegates, 18/11/2018
- Office of the Chief Executive, 08/11/2018
- Office of the Chief Executive, 18/10/2018
- Letter from the Chief Executive, 17/10/2018