TTC Rockets reach cricket finals8 July, 2019
Congratulations to the TTC Rockets cricket team on reaching the Mayor’s Cup finals in June. The Rockets beat Brampton Transit, GO Transit and Bombardier to advance to the finals. Unfortunately, the team did not get the better of Toronto Police in the final game this year. Congratulations on a well-played tournament to: Mohsin Patel, Robinhensman Robinet, Francis Robert Nelson, Jitendra Kumar, Mohammed Muzmmal, Mohamed Ali Patel, Sameer Choksi, Samir Rajab, Hassan Malik, Sikender Benipal and Ken Calliste.
By Mohsin Patel
After playing on the TTC cricket team for five years, this was my first year as Team Manager. Hopefully this is the first of many performance reports to come in the following years.
This year, I had the opportunity to meet and engage with new and old faces from the TTC leadership, staff and community members. Their support is more than anything I could have asked for. In the coming years, I hope that I will have their continuous support.
Of course we wouldn’t have reached where we did, without the dedication from our families and friends that attended our games and represented us. In the first round, we beat Brampton Transit, followed by GO Transit in the second. Our momentum took us past Bombardier and into the finals against Toronto Police. Sadly, after a well-played match, we placed second this summer.
Last, but not least, I would like to thank all of our team members for playing through adversity and helping us get to the finals. I am very grateful for all the support we received this year, and I hope we can return the favour by winning the tournament next year.
Advancing to the next level.
Antonacci, Boyd, Eastman, Farrell, Gebert, Grubner, Heaney, Jaue, Lech, Owen, Petsinis, Trpchich, Von Zuben, Webb.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Message from the Chief Executive of the TTC Pension Fund Society, 12/06/2019
- Line 2 East Extension update, 13/02/2019
- TTC cricket celebrates another exciting season, 28/08/2018
- Message from the TTC Pension Fund Society CEO, 05/06/2018
- Why the TTC deserves its award, 05/07/2017
- Message from the TTC Pension Fund Society CEO, 15/06/2017
- Subway, not old LRT plan, only option for Scarborough, 20/03/2017
- Could you be at risk for colon cancer?, 14/03/2017
- Our budget strategy to improve the TTC, 13/02/2017
- Single operator subways another step in the modernization of the TTC, 27/09/2016