To the 416 from Highway 407 Station – TTC Line 1 extension opening gets nearer1 December, 2017
The penultimate stop on the Line 1 subway extension to York Region is the appropriately named Highway 407 Station.
Located just west of Jane Street and south of Highway 407, this multi-modal transit hub serves the subway, an 18-bay GO Transit accessible bus terminal for GO and York Region buses, and a future connection to the 407 Transitway.
There is also a large commuter parking lot with more than 550 spaces, including 25 that are reserved for customers that qualify for accessible parking.
The fully accessible station building has been designed to accommodate future growth and to be respectful of the environment. Generous public spaces feature stunning art glass that lets light flood down to the platform, thereby reducing energy consumption.
When the extension opens in just 16 days, make sure to visit Highway 407 and see for yourself one of its best features: the spectacular oval space above the platforms nicknamed the “Velodrome!”
Editor’s Note: Note: A transaction between Postmedia Network Canada Corp. and Torstar announced on Nov. 27, 2017 resulted in the closing of 21 community newspapers in Ontario, including 24 Hours Toronto free daily paper. As a result, the editorial above was the last published Connecting Toronto column from CEO Andy Byford.
Advancing to the next level.
Safety Notice #1: New Coronavirus Outbreak.
Abbott, Abraam, Basra, Bielak, Chambers, Clarke, DeLuca, Gianakacos, Govier, Griffin, Hasham, Iantorno, Lockwood, May, Monte, Muscat, Ng, Oickle, Proudfoot, Reid, Saul, Shaw, Sheppard, Stoodley, Wakeman, Williams.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017