TTC’s expertise sought from around the world6/2/17 6:00 AM
Earlier this week, the TTC was one of seven transit agencies to participate in a questionnaire put together by our counterparts in New York City as they grapple with aging subway infrastructure and increasing ridership.
This is very topical for us in Toronto, of course. In just the last five years, TTC ridership has increased by 40 million and we have been working flat out to upgrade infrastructure, modernize our vehicle fleets and add much-needed system capacity.
I take satisfaction from the fact that the TTC’s advice is being increasingly sought by others, both at a corporate level and through the expertise of individuals that we have recruited or promoted from within and that are seen as expert in their field.
While we know that the job to modernize the TTC is not yet complete, improving customer satisfaction, rejuvenated system performance and the fact that we are delivering multiple megaprojects simultaneously is attracting interest in the industry and we are happy to share the results.
This works both ways, of course, and we keep close tabs on developments and best practices in other cities to further improve your service and deliver a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Safety notice: stay-at-home order.
Armstrong, Babcock, Baird, Barrow, Brown, Budd, Charles, Dean, Dudar, Frilles, Gianvecchio, Hales, Holloway, Jamal, Lachapelle, Martins, McCullough, Nelson, Nimmo, Ponte, Roberge, Rotolo, Sottile, Timal.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017