#ThisIsWhere … the TTC combats harassment9/8/17 6:00 AM
This week (Sept. 6), the TTC launched a bold campaign and mobile app as part of its commitment to combat harassment in all its forms and enhance public safety while riding the TTC.
Titled #ThisIsWhere, the campaign confronts different kinds of harassment through a series of real-life customer encounters, including sexual harassment and harassment based on gender identity, ability and race.
The new app is called SafeTTC and is very easy to use. Essentially, it enables the user to send a discreet message from a subway car, bus or streetcar to a dedicated terminal in the TTC’s Transit Control Centre where staff will respond based on the nature of the incident being reported, including dispatching Transit Enforcement Officers or calling police.
In the event of an emergency requiring immediate police, fire or medical assistance, the TTC advises using the familiar yellow emergency alarm, calling 9-1-1 or by alerting a uniformed TTC employee.
More details can be found at thisiswhere.ca.
While the TTC is already a very safe system, this initiative will join the many safety features already in place as we make your journey more pleasant and evermore safe.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017