Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension9/22/17 6:00 AM
There are now fewer than 90 days to go until we open the much-anticipated Line 1 subway extension to Vaughan.
Six stunning, fully accessible stations will take TTC subway service north of Steeles Avenue and into York Region for the first time, serving York University along the way.
Each station will feature full Wi-Fi coverage, plus cell service for Freedom subscribers. (We encourage you to ask your provider to join the TCONNECT network.)
Modern fare gates, PRESTO readers and self-serve reload machines are featured at all six stations. Train service will be controlled by the state-of-the-art Automatic Train Control system that is being installed in phases along Line 1.
In the three months left until opening day, a lot remains to be done. Commissioning a new subway – even an extension – is a complex operation, involving testing hundreds of thousands of individual assets and systems, a period of trial operations and final safety checks prior to the big day.
To that end, we have assembled a world-class team, with extensive knowledge of commissioning a new subway and in bringing in a new signalling system. Our aim is to show Torontonians (and new subway riders from York Region), how our work to modernize the TTC over the past five years has come together.
The TTC’s enhanced management capability, customer focus and attention to detail will all be on display as we bring Toronto a subway extension that will be the envy of North America.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Safety notice: stay-at-home order.
Armstrong, Baird, Barrow, Charles, Dean, Dudar, Frilles, Hales, Lachapelle, Martins, McCullough, Nimmo, Ponte, Roberge, Rotolo, Sottile, Timal.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017