Back-to-school means a busier TTC9/1/17 6:00 AM
Summer days are drawing to a close and with that comes the annual return to work and school – always a busy time for the TTC.
As is the case every year, we will ramp service back up to cope with the uplift in ridership on all of our modes.
I would like to take this opportunity to ask our riders to please show consideration for others on service that will inevitably be that bit busier.
As a courtesy to our fellow riders, please take off your backpack before boarding. Let others exit before you board. And please consider giving up your seat to those who need it more than you. This particularly applies to use of the blue-coloured seats that are intended and prioritized for customers with disabilities, pregnant women and seniors.
For our part, the TTC will continue to do everything it can to provide safe, reliable and courteous service to get you to where you need to go quickly and efficiently. This includes our ongoing rollout of new buses and streetcars, and the work we are doing on the subway to upgrade track and signals to improve service reliability.
This weekend, the 512 St Clair will see the first low-floor, accessible streetcar to be deployed on that route. The new vehicle is air conditioned and can carry many more passengers than the old cars it replaces.
Our modernization efforts and focus on service, combined with riders’ help in making busy rides more pleasant, means we are well-placed to welcome back hundreds of thousands of riders after the summer break.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017