Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension10/27/17 6:00 AM
With just 51 days to go until the opening of the Line 1 subway extension, preparations are in full swing to get everything ready for the big day.
Featuring six fully accessible, Wi-Fi- and PRESTO-ready stations, a state-of-the-art signalling system and more than eight kilometres of new tunnels and track, the subway will extend beyond Toronto’s boundaries into York Region for the first time.
Finishing touches are now being applied to all six stations while, in parallel, testing and commissioning of assets and systems, trial operations and staff training are all underway.
This Saturday (Oct. 28), you are invited to a preview of three of the new stations: Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, Highway 407 and Pioneer Village.
TTC and project staff will be on hand to show you around and to show off the features of these beautiful additions to Line 1.
Please note that the event, which runs from 1-5 p.m., is not accessible, as elevators and escalators are not yet commissioned and operational.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday or failing that, when the subway extension opens on Dec. 17.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Deadline extended to September 30.
Chislett, Cotter, Delay, Ferrante, Fraser, Lobe, MacDonald, Marks, Melville, Moores, Moritz, Quesnelle, Robarts, Sferra, Shepherd, Snelgrove, Thomas, Westlake, Wilcox, Young, Zilli.
TTC 1921-2021. On September 1, 1921, the Toronto Transportation Commission began serving the citizens of a rapidly growing Toronto when it took over a mix of private and municipal street railways within the city.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017