TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG10/20/17 6:00 AM
This week’s TTC Board meeting saw the TTC exonerated from any suggestion that it misled City Council or that it submitted to political pressure in compiling a briefing note relating to the planned Scarborough Subway Extension.
Acting on a privately generated complaint, the Toronto Auditor General conducted an exhaustive inquiry into suggestions that I, as CEO, and the TTC in general, had participated in a politically inspired move to prevent any reversion to light rapid transit to replace the aging SRT, rather than a Line 2 subway extension.
While the Auditor General found that the distribution of the briefing note could have been better, and while she made recommendations relating to clarity of assumptions in such non decision making documents, she was very clear in her finding that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of TTC staff.
I was confident from the start that this would be the case. Indeed, I initially asked the City Ombudsman to investigate days after the associated news story broke.
Now, completely exonerated, we will continue focusing on what really matters: providing impartial, informed advice as we work ceaselessly to improve transit in this great city.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017