TTC family mourns Tom Dedes10/13/17 6:00 AM
The tragic loss of our TTC colleague, Tom Dedes, who was just 50 years old, has cast a very dark shadow over the entire TTC team this week.
Tom sadly lost his fight for life despite truly valiant work by doctors at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre to save him. This has had a devastating impact on his family, his friends and his co-workers.
Tom gave 18 years of his life to serving the travelling public of Toronto, working in the closely knit family of track workers, all of whom are profoundly shocked by the loss of a friend.
No one should get killed or injured at work and we are working closely with the Ministry of Labour to understand how such a tragedy could have occurred. While accidents like this are very rare, we will take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
Tragedies like this put everything else into perspective and our top priority is to ensure that we are there for Tom’s family and for his co-workers.
Rest in peace, Tom. You will never be forgotten at the TTC.
Advancing to the next level.
Appointment of new Talent Management Director.
Safety Notice #6: New Coronavirus Outbreak.
Arsenault, Beirne, Busuttil, Campbell, Chapman, Cull, Davis, DeVito, Eng, Ferrara, Gasper, Gray, Hardy, Hendry, Hyshka, Keeping, Mancini, Pasquarelli, Purushotham, Ravindhraraj, Scott, Timmerman, VanRaalte, Virdo, Williams, Young.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017