TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening11/3/17 6:00 AM
Downsview Park Station
For the next six weeks, I will focus on one new Line 1 extension subway station and some of its unique features, starting with Downsview Park Station.
There are now just over six weeks to go until the opening of the spectacular Line 1 subway extension to Vaughan in York Region.
Last weekend, about 5,000 visitors marvelled at the northernmost three of the six beautiful new stations that will be part of our subway from December 17. To make that a reality, virtually all TTC departments are singularly focussed on making launch day a roaring success.
The southernmost stop on the new extension is Downsview Park. Situated within the park from which it gets its name, this multi-modal facility will serve both Line 1 and the GO Barrie Line. The GO line bisects the twin TTC buildings at surface level and features its own dedicated platform. In addition, four bus routes serve the station.
The station has been designed so that sunlight permeates all the way down to the subway platform. It features a green roof and is fully accessible, PRESTO-enabled and Wi-Fi/cell- equipped, as are all the new stations.
A fun feature of Downsview Park is the artwork called Spin by Panya Clark Espinal.
Look out also for the fossils embedded within the stone surrounds to the main station entrances – a further nod to the sympathetic way this station sits within Canada’s first urban national park.
Advancing to the next level.
Appointment of new Talent Management Director.
Safety Notice #6: New Coronavirus Outbreak.
Arsenault, Beirne, Busuttil, Campbell, Chapman, Cull, Davis, DeVito, Eng, Ferrara, Gasper, Gray, Hardy, Hendry, Hyshka, Keeping, Mancini, Pasquarelli, Purushotham, Ravindhraraj, Scott, Timmerman, VanRaalte, Virdo, Williams, Young.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017