Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station11/24/17 6:00 AM
The fourth of our six new stations on the soon-to-be-opened Line 1 extension to York Region is Pioneer Village.
Named for the nearby history centre, Pioneer Village Station straddles the border between Toronto and York Region. Each municipality has its own station entrance and these are connected in subterranean passageways beneath Steeles Avenue.
The station was originally going to be called Steeles West and the architectural finishes reflect this in extensive use of striking weathered steel.
There are bus terminals on either side of the station to serve TTC and York Region buses respectively, a large commuter car park and extensive bike parking and storage facilities.
Pioneer Village Station has been designed to easily accommodate a future LRT route along Steeles Avenue when that becomes a reality.
Come and see the station for yourself when the line opens on Dec. 17th!
Please note: A transaction between Postmedia Network Canada Corp. and Torstar announced on Nov. 27, 2017 resulted in the closing of 21 community newspapers in Ontario, including 24 Hours Toronto free daily paper. As a result, the editorial above was the last published Connecting Toronto column by CEO Andy Byford.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Deadline extended to September 30.
Chislett, Cotter, Delay, Ferrante, Fraser, Lobe, MacDonald, Marks, Melville, Moores, Moritz, Quesnelle, Robarts, Sferra, Shepherd, Snelgrove, Thomas, Westlake, Wilcox, Young, Zilli.
TTC 1921-2021. On September 1, 1921, the Toronto Transportation Commission began serving the citizens of a rapidly growing Toronto when it took over a mix of private and municipal street railways within the city.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017