30 days to go: York University Station11/17/17 6:00 AM
The third station on the soon-to-be-opened Line 1 extension to Vaughan sits right in the heart of York University campus.
York University Station is a truly stunning addition to the university campus. It features two covered entry wings that rise up to the north and south sides of the Common.
The architect’s vision was to have natural light flood down from surface level through the concourse and down to the platforms, and this has been achieved in spectacular fashion via a landscaped light scoop that harvests light and creates a vibrant, airy space.
The station features striking concrete beams and dramatic artwork, all designed to truly contribute to the urban landscape of the university campus.
Existing TTC bus service that presently serves the university will be diverted to Finch West and Pioneer Village stations from opening day on Dec. 17. For a period, York Region and other transit providers will continue to serve the university campus.
The opening of a subway station on campus at York has been a long-held dream for the university. It will be a beautiful reality in just a few weeks’ time.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Safety notice: stay-at-home order.
Armstrong, Baird, Barrow, Charles, Dean, Dudar, Frilles, Hales, Lachapelle, Martins, McCullough, Nimmo, Ponte, Roberge, Rotolo, Sottile, Timal.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017