Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station11/10/17 6:00 AM
Finch West is the second new station on the soon-to-be-opened Line 1 subway extension up to Vaughan in York Region.
This station features striking artistic finishes, including eye-catching bar code stripes on the external cladding of the building and at platform level. Colourful tiling and windows in the station entrance create an eye-catching public space that is sure to be a hit with riders.
The station is located under Keele Street, just north of Finch Avenue West. There are two stations entrances: the main entrance is located on the west side of Keele Street and there is a PRESTO-only entrance on the east side of the street.
Finch West has been designed to be a multi-modal, seamless interchange between buses and the subway. In addition, there is a parking lot to the north of the station with nearly 350 spaces for commuters, plus a passenger pick-up-and-drop-off facility. There are also 100 secure and 13 short-term bicycle parking spaces.
Finch West will also be a stop on the future LRT line along Finch Avenue. As such, seamless connections to that new line have already been constructed, ready for its opening in 2021.
With Wi-Fi throughout the station, plus full accessibility features and PRESTO-enabled machines and gates, Finch West is a striking addition to the TTC subway.
Advancing to the next level.
COVID-19 positive tests update.
Deadline extended to September 30.
Chislett, Cotter, Delay, Ferrante, Fraser, Lobe, MacDonald, Marks, Melville, Moores, Moritz, Quesnelle, Robarts, Sferra, Shepherd, Snelgrove, Thomas, Westlake, Wilcox, Young, Zilli.
TTC 1921-2021. On September 1, 1921, the Toronto Transportation Commission began serving the citizens of a rapidly growing Toronto when it took over a mix of private and municipal street railways within the city.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017