How you can help keep the TTC moving3/17/17 6:00 AM
Keeping the TTC running safely and smoothly is job No. 1 for all 14,000 men and women at the TTC.
In 2014, I set my team the challenge of cutting delay minutes and incidents by 50 per cent over five years. Year-over-year statistics show that we are on target to make that step-change in performance.
As customers, you can help us achieve that target by helping make the TTC more reliable.
As Toronto continues to grow, rush hour remains our busiest time, just as it is on transit systems around the world. Even the slightest delay has the potential to cause big knock-on impacts to service. This is why we ask customers not to hold train doors or block the entrances to vehicles. It is also why we ask you to disembark the train at a station if you feel unwell, rather than press the emergency alarm.
As a courtesy to your fellow riders, we also ask that people take off backpacks on crowded vehicles, as well as a offer a seat to someone in need.
As we gear up for another busy spring and summer, my commitment to you is that the TTC will continue its modernization efforts to make it more reliable. We will continue to tackle root causes of delay, to drive down the number of short turns, and to progressively upgrade vehicles and infrastructure. Our work to make the TTC even more friendly and welcoming will also continue.
Please help us and your fellow riders to keep service moving.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017