TTC is #1 in North America!6/30/17 6:00 AM
This week (June 26), I was delighted to announce that the TTC has won recognition from its industry peers for the work we have done over the past five years to modernize the TTC and to transform service.
The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) has awarded the TTC the accolade of Outstanding Public Transit System for 2017, an award that the TTC has only won once before, back in the mid 1980s.
In choosing the TTC, APTA reserved special praise for the ambition, complexity and delivery of our Five-Year Corporate Plan, launched in 2013, and for our bold vision of a transit system that makes Toronto proud that we created to give the organization a common goal.
In announcing the award, alongside TTC Chair, Josh Colle, I acknowledged that there is more to do to further improve service, reduce crowding and drive up reliability. Recent investment in service has helped, for which we are grateful to City Council and the Mayor.
This award was not won purely on increased funding, however. It came about largely through the sheer effort and professionalism of the 14,000 men and women of the TTC that have worked so hard over the past five years to get us to where we are today.
In thanking you, our riders for your ongoing support and patience while we continue to upgrade the system, I dedicate the Transit of the Year award to my colleagues, the wonderful people of the TTC that strive day in and day out to keep Toronto moving.
> Saturday, July 1st is Canada Day! Happy 150th anniversary to this fantastic country and if you out riding with us this weekend, have fun and enjoy all the celebrations this great city has to offer.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017