Planning TTC’s future requires public and employee input6/23/17 6:00 AM
With only six months left to go in 2017, the Five-Year Corporate Plan to modernize the TTC is rapidly drawing to its conclusion.
The TTC already looks much different than five years ago as a result of sustained effort to modernize our fleet and assets, to update processes and to transform our culture to be truly customer-led.
While more remains to be done, I am very proud of what we have achieved as a team since 2013 – a period that will be perfectly book-ended with the opening of the Line 1 subway extension to York University and up to Vaughan in December.
We are already well-advanced in our plans for the next five years of our journey. Where the first plan focused on getting the TTC back to being pre-eminent among transit systems in North America, our focus now must be to solidify our world-class status.
To that end – and to develop a document that is truly reflective of customer, employee and stakeholder views – we have conducted a series of workshops with our Board, customers and employees to get their input into how the TTC should develop in the future. This is new territory for the TTC and it reflects our openness to new ideas and our recognition that a successful transit system must satisfy the needs of multiple constituencies.
Our aim is to finalize the new plan by the end of this year. Until then, there is much left to do as we approach the finish line of a whirlwind, five-year journey.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017