Customer Charter magnifies TTC’s commitment to customer service2/10/17 6:00 AM
This week (Feb. 6), the TTC released its 2017 Customer Charter – our fifth consecutive Charter – with dozens of commitments to improve all aspects of your TTC from enhanced accessibility and safety to more reliable service. Since we launched our first Charter in 2013, the TTC has delivered more than 120 time-specific improvements to customer service, in addition to getting you from A to B.
This year’s Customer Charter contains 37 measurable actions that will be publicly tracked via my monthly report to the TTC Board and on the TTC website. Our offer this year includes such highlights as the opening of the Line 1 subway extension in December, the complete installation of Wi-Fi service across the network, introduction of a minimum of 40 more accessible, air-conditioned streetcars and more than 300 new buses and the continued rollout of PRESTO across the TTC.
Our work to make the TTC fully accessible will continue with three more stations upgraded with elevators by the end of 2017 and we will add a further 200 next-vehicle-arrival displays in bus and streetcar shelters, as well as upgraded cycling infrastructure at stations.
In addition to the new commitments in this year’s Charter, the TTC will continue to deliver on the positive initiatives that were started with the first Charter. These include holding at least three of our popular Meet the Manager sessions per quarter, holding an annual TTC Customer Town Hall, an annual TTC Public Forum on Accessible Transit, and posting the performance of all surface routes on our website so you know how your route is performing.
This is a big year for the TTC as we complete our first five-year modernization plan. I am confident that you will see and feel the improvements.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017