Final push for new fare gates, PRESTO at all TTC stations8/25/17 6:00 AM
Starting this week, we will begin converting the remaining primary and automatic subway station entrances that still have turnstiles or “high gates” to the new, modern paddle-style gates that can already be seen over much of the TTC subway network.
The new gates are fully PRESTO-enabled, and increase customer flow into and out of a station. Every converted entrance includes an accessible gate for customers, whether in a mobility device, with a stroller or trundling luggage.
It is no easy task to remove the old gates and install and test the new ones, but we have prepared a program for the 25 remaining stations that keeps your safety at the fore, and inconvenience to a minimum. Some stations will need to close early and some will close on weekends so that we can get the work done as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
There will be lots of customer service staff and signage to help you while we undertake this work. In addition, you can find details of the affected stations with dates and travel options at ttc.ca. We have also made a video on the Official TTC YouTube Channel that explains what we are doing and why.
The end result will be that every station will be PRESTO ready. Thanks for your patience while we complete PRESTO rollout.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017