PRESTO reliability up, new fare gates coming to all stations8/11/17 6:00 AM
The rollout of PRESTO across the TTC continues to make good progress.
Working with Metrolinx, we have driven up the reliability of PRESTO equipment to the point that on-vehicle card readers are now achieving in excess of 99 per cent reliability. The performance of our fare gates has also improved and we continue to install software updates to enhance their reliability.
Metrolinx will soon supply us with improved second generation Self-Serve Reload Machines. These machines will make it easier for customers to add money to their card or check their balance. Those will soon be joined by a further machine that customers can use to purchase a PRESTO card.
In addition, Metropass users who purchase their adult or senior pass from one of our collector booths or Pass Vending Machines can switch to a monthly pass on PRESTO. Passes are available at prestocard.ca. Our Monthly Discount Plan customers should wait to switch to PRESTO. An MDP equivalent will be available on PRESTO early next year. The number of available Shoppers Drug Marts that sell PRESTO cards will also be expanded in the near future.
The TTC, meanwhile, will shortly begin replacing old turnstiles with modern fare gates at the 26 stations that were originally equipped with PRESTO readers. During construction, there will inevitably need to be some rerouting of customers within stations, but we will have plenty of signage and additional staff to guide you.
Watch this space for a station-by-station summary of changes as we head into the last few phases of full PRESTO rollout, and in the meantime thanks for your patience and understanding.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017