You said it: Help keep the TTC moving4/28/17 6:00 AM
Public transit has long been recognized as the fastest, most sustainable way to move large numbers of people in an urban environment. In a growing city like Toronto, that is certainly the case.
With rising customer numbers comes increased pressure on the system, which is why we are putting so much effort into keeping the existing TTC in a state of good repair to make it more reliable.
We are also adding capacity to accommodate future growth by introducing new, bigger streetcars and buses, expanding the subway and by embracing new technology to make the network more efficient.
I am often asked by riders what they can do to help keep the TTC moving. We are about to launch a customer campaign to answer that very question. The campaign uses real feedback from your fellow riders to summarize what they want us all to do – and not do – to avoid unnecessary service interruptions and to make journeys as quick and pleasant as possible.
Starting next week, we will run a campaign that highlights many of these issues, including the danger and disruption caused by unauthorized track access or blocking subway train doors.
We value both the quality and quantity of time customers spend on the TTC. My commitment to you is that we will continue to drive down TTC-caused delays. Please do your part by helping us keep you and your fellow riders moving.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017