CONSTRUCTION SEASON: TTC, City work closely to limit impacts4/21/17 6:00 AM
Spring has sprung and construction season is about to get underway across the city. With that comes the start of an annual challenge for our surface route network of buses and streetcars.
We work very closely with the City’s transportation department to minimize the impact of construction on your journey. Regular co-ordination meetings are held to ensure that, wherever possible, planned subway closures do not take place in the same geographic area or at the same time as major road works.
While we try to avoid closures during major sporting or cultural events, in a vibrant city like Toronto, it is almost impossible to find an event-free weekend.
As ever, the TTC will keep you informed about service changes via this page, through e-Alerts, Twitter (@TTCnotices), ttc.ca, the news media and our customer service centre. On the street and in our Control Centre, our teams will do everything they can to mitigate construction-related delays.
Thanks for bearing with us as we work with the City to improve and maintain infrastructure, while also getting you to where you need to be safely.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017