Shout-out to TTC employees who go above and beyond for you10/21/16 6:00 AM
Working in the customer service sector, under constant scrutiny, presents quite the challenge for TTC employees as we strive to put right decades of underinvestment in our transit system and get the TTC back to being world class.
Torontonians rightly expect transit to be reliable, punctual and clean, and for those charged with delivering it, to be helpful, polite and proactive.
Our five-year TTC modernization plan will deliver service that is not only more reliable, but one that makes you feel valued as a customer. In addition to the work we are doing to renew vehicles, track, signals and back-office processes, a lot of effort is being made to change the look and feel of our service – something that is largely influenced by the people that work for us.
To deliver consistently excellent service, it is essential that the frontline staff who have most contact with customers know what is going on and what they need to do to address customer needs. They need, in turn, to feel valued by their managers for a job well done.
For these reasons, we are putting real focus into changing the way we manage so that our employees feel motivated to excel. Today (Oct. 21), the TTC will celebrate colleagues that have gone above and beyond in the cause of customer service, safety, leadership, teamwork and innovation. Theirs are often the stories that go unnoticed, so we want to recognize the many acts of kindness and excellence that are delivered every day by our employees.
I salute those that stand out and who strive to give you better service every day in the face of many challenges.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017