One TTC employee assault is one too many11/18/16 6:00 AM
I have attended several events recently that reinforced the decent, hard-working nature of TTC employees.
The first such event rightly celebrated the good deeds that TTC staff perform day in and day out, to go the extra mile and offer excellent customer service. The second saw us say goodbye to a group of retirees with around 700 years of service between them – whole working lives dedicated to serving the people of this great city.
So it is of huge concern – and completely unacceptable – that assaults on TTC staff are on the rise. Every day, staff are threatened, spat on, punched, kicked or slapped, for doing their jobs in difficult circumstances. And crimes against employees are taken very seriously.
I know that the vast majority of Torontonians appreciate the efforts of TTC staff to keep this city moving. Understandably, it is frustrating when delays occur, but it is certainly not the fault of frontline TTC staff.
Our work to modernize the TTC is beginning to bear fruit as we strive to improve your service. The man or woman driving your vehicle or cleaning your station wants the same as you: to do their job and go home to their loved ones, without the fear of assault.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017