TTC buses begin conversion to PRESTO5/6/16 6:00 AM
Rollout of the new PRESTO fare card on the TTC is proceeding apace as we deliver on our promise of PRESTO across the TTC by the end of this year.
This week, we began installing PRESTO readers on our bus fleet. PRESTO is the new, easy way to pay for travel on the TTC and is already available across our streetcar network and at 28 subway stations. Until more stations and buses are upgraded, you should continue to carry tokens and cash, as 2016 is a transitional year for PRESTO on the TTC.
By the end of this year, all 1,900 TTC buses will be equipped with PRESTO read¬ers, meaning customers with PRESTO cards merely tap the card reader when entering the system and a transfer is applied to the card automat¬ically. Also by the end of the year, Wheel-Trans customers will be able to use PRESTO on TTC Wheel-Trans vehi¬cles and in accessible vans.
In parallel, we are push¬ing on with the introduction of new fare gates at stations not yet fitted with PRESTO, replacing the worn out, origi¬nal turnstiles that have been in service since the subway first opened in many cases.
These new gates are now in service at Wellesley and Main Street stations, with Bay and Sherbourne stations to follow in the coming weeks. Once all stations have converted to PRESTO, we will retrofit those stations that adopted PRESTO last year with the new gates.
The PRESTO rollout is a key part of our five-year mod¬ernization of the TTC. We will be there to help you through¬out this once-in-a-generation change.
For more information, or to buy a PRESTO card online, visit prestocard.ca.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017