TTC service excellence starts with employees6/24/16 6:00 AM
A key element in our mission to deliver a transit system that makes Toronto proud is to engage, motivate and develop our teams to consistently excel.
To that end, I have made culture change one of our five “mega projects” along with opening the Spadina Subway Extension, re-signalling Line 1, rolling out PRESTO and introducing the new streetcar fleet.
The TTC is blessed in having many exceptional employees that set out every day to deliver excellent service. They do so because they are passionate about serving the customer and proud of the TTC. It’s not uncommon to find staff who have devoted their entire career to the service of the Toronto travelling public. Some have even been featured on the pages of 24hrs Toronto as one of our profiled employees.
We want everyone to truly excel and we have introduced a recognition program that actively acknowledges and promotes the qualities and behaviours that we ask all staff to embrace in our efforts to serve you, our customers. Those behaviours are: safety focus, customer service, leadership, teamwork and innovation.
Working in the public eye has its challenges, particularly on a system that is playing catch-up after decades of underinvestment. But customers increasingly tell me that they are noticing a change in the demeanour and attitude of TTC staff as our culture change efforts take root.
I’m proud of my colleagues that keep Toronto moving day in and day out. We are here to serve you and we are determined to make excellence the norm.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017