TTC adopting new technology, modern processes7/29/16 6:00 AM
There has been much discussion recently about the need for the City and its agencies to modernize the way they do business in order to deliver improved services in a more efficient way.
The TTC is well-placed to meet this challenge as “process re-engineering” is the third element of our modernization plan, along with infrastructure renewal and internal culture transformation.
We are changing every aspect of how we work. Decades-old and labour-intensive human resource, finance and payroll systems are being replaced with automated solutions, while on our surface fleets, archaic vehicle communications equipment is being stripped out and replaced with a system that will revolutionize the way we communicate with Operators and you, our customers.
A good example of process re-engineering is the migration to PRESTO. Once fully-implemented, tokens, transfers and tickets will be phased out and Station Collectors will come out of their booths to offer a more personal, hands-on service.
We are also embracing modern business thinking in how we manage all aspects of our operation – from the way we run major projects to the way we handle customer feedback.
New systems, however, do not come cheap. Compelling business cases were developed to make the necessary investments to allow us to deliver improvements.
It is incumbent on all City agencies and departments to seek to deliver more for less. At the TTC, we are well-placed to meet this challenge and are already ahead of the curve.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017