Delivering TTC improvements requires a customer-led attitude1/29/16 6:00 AM
Modernization of the TTC is a huge challenge that requires co-ordinated activity across hundreds of initiatives.
Put simply, we are working our way through a Five-Year Plan that will deliver radical improvement in three key ways:
1. Renewal of the underlying infrastructure of the TTC, including the purchase of new vehicles, such as streetcars and articulated buses, to carry more people, more efficiently. Key assets, such as track and signals are being renewed and we are rolling out the PRESTO fare card to transform the way you use and pay for travel.
2. Transforming the culture of the TTC by moving from a process-led organization to one that is built around delivery of consistently excellent customer service. To achieve this, we are putting a lot of focus into getting the best from our people, giving them the tools and encouragement to excel at what they do.
3. Finally, a mini-revolution is underway in changing the way we do things. For too long, our processes have held us back, largely because the various systems that we rely on to run the TTC (i.e. our systems that provide you with service information) have not been updated for decades. So here again, major change is underway.
The end result will be a more efficient, customer-led and dynamic TTC that can meet rising customer demand and expectations.
We report publicly on progress against this plan through the TTC Board each month. My CEO Report, and a myriad of other information, can be accessed via our website at ttc.ca.
Being transparent and keeping you apprised of how we are performing as your transit provider is a priority and a key principle in our journey to becoming truly customer-led.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017