POP goes the TTC!1/22/16 6:00 AM
The introduction of all-door boarding across our streetcar network for customers holding valid proof of payment (POP) is just one of a number of initiatives we are rolling out to improve the reliability of your TTC service.
On average, time spent servicing stops accounts for around 20 per cent of the overall time it takes to get from one end of a route to the other. By permitting customers with POP to board a streetcar at any door, the time spent at stops is substantially reduced. Proof of payment includes a valid transfer, a Metropass or a PRESTO card that has been tapped onto one of the readers that have now been fitted to all streetcars.
By the end of this year, all TTC stations and buses will have PRESTO, after which we will begin to phase out tokens, tickets, paper transfers and Metropasses. Until then, it is very important that PRESTO customers whose journey involves a transfer to a bus collect a transfer.
To help you through this transition period, we have produced a video that explains how POP and PRESTO work and what you need to do. Go to the TTC’s YouTube channel (youtube.com/officialTTCchannel) to view it.
My team and I are here to help you as we work to transform the TTC into a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017