TTC looks forward to a spectacular New Year!12/30/16 6:00 AM
As 2016 draws to a close and the New Year looms large, it’s good to look back on another year of transition at the TTC.
The fourth year of our five-year plan to modernize the TTC from top to bottom saw huge progress across each of our mega projects and in changing the culture to put customers first.
In addition to rolling out PRESTO on new streetcars and buses, and to progressing a new signal system and the Spadina Subway Extension, huge effort has been made to make the TTC more efficient, updating back office systems and processes to drive down the number and duration of delays.
We had our challenges. The hot car problem on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth this summer set us back and there is still a lot to do to renew the network’s infrastructure to deliver more reliable service.
But we are well-placed for what I believe will be the TTC’s best year ever as so many of our projects come to fruition in 2017.
I want to thank the 14,000 men and women of the TTC who are delivering this change. In what can be a challenging and critical environment, my team sets out every day to get you safely and quickly from A to B.
Here’s to a great 2017 and the ongoing renaissance of the TTC. May you have a healthy and Happy New Year!
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017