PRESTO on the TTC reaches year-end milestone12/16/16 6:00 AM
As the end of the year approaches, I am pleased to confirm that we are on target to meet our promise to equip every vehicle, and at least one entrance of every subway station, with PRESTO card readers.
This has been a huge logistical effort, including installation of new-style fare gates.
The next task will be to progressively migrate Metropasses and other pass products onto PRESTO, and to prepare for the gradual phasing out of tokens and tickets over the next year.
In parallel, our partners at Metrolinx will deliver machines to every subway station to enable customers to buy and reload their PRESTO card and to check their balance. Once such machines are in place, the Collector booth will be vacated, and mobile Customer Service Agents will be available to assist customers in every station.
I am well aware that there have been reliability problems with some of the new equipment. This is immensely frustrating for customers and the TTC alike, and we are working closely with our supplier, Metrolinx, to get this resolved.
Thanks for your patience while we undergo the biggest change to our fare collection regime in a generation. We will keep you posted throughout the transition.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017