TTC looks to recruit, promote the right people for the job8/5/16 6:00 AM
A key element of our modernization of the TTC is to ensure that we recruit, train and promote people of the highest calibre that have the right attitude – and aptitude – to excel.
For this reason, a lot of focus is being put on getting the right people into the right jobs. In some cases, we have brought people with specialist skills in from outside to complement our existing team. Wherever possible, however, we promote from within, thereby creating a positive environment that encourages our employees to progress.
The way we train people is particularly critical. We have increased the amount of course time dedicated to key areas, such as safety, accessibility, customer service and leadership, all with a view to making the service we offer safer, more welcoming and professional, and consistently excellent.
At the same time, recruitment has been overhauled to ensure that, going forward, under-represented groups feature more prominently in our management team. I am proud of the fact that, where previously there had never been a woman on the TTC executive management team, women now make up just under half of my direct reports.
A lot remains to be done until our service is consistently excellent. But in building a more capable, more balanced team at all levels, we can ensure that improvements are sustainable and that the TTC is well-positioned for a bright future.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017