Embracing new, innovative ways to make your TTC better4/24/15 5:00 AM
While modernization of the TTC is primarily about renewing vehicles and infrastructure, adopting modern business practices and transforming our culture, it’s equally important that we be open to new ideas.
In the past, the TTC has been criticized for a perceived reluctance to consider new ways of working or the adoption of new technology. Whether or not that was ever valid, we are now very much open for business, receptive to doing things differently to the ultimate benefit of our riders.
To that end, we actively seek out best practice from across the globe. Through our membership in various benchmarking and industry peer groups, we have changed the way we overhaul our escalators, adopting best practice from elsewhere to reduce the amount of downtime.
We have also introduced fresh thinking via recruitment of external candidates to key positions, and we are increasingly using industry-proven products, rather than home-grown solutions.
Finally, we are actively talking with academics and industry experts about ways to squeeze more capacity out of our network today, as we wait for new infrastructure to be built.
Every week people contact me with their suggestions for how to improve TTC service. While things are not always as easy to fix as they might first appear, I always listen to new ideas – not least to demonstrate that we are serious about making the TTC more modern, flexible and innovative in its outlook.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017