All-night TTC bus and streetcar service will see increases this fall9/11/15 6:00 AM
Our great city continues to grow and your TTC is working hard to keep up with surging demand for public transit.
Last Sunday, we rolled out a series of service improvements on many bus and streetcar routes to make the TTC more convenient, faster and less crowded.
What is not commonly realized is that it is off-peak and evening ridership that is driving our ever-increasing customer numbers. In 2015, we expect to carry a record 545 million customers and, while peak-hour ridership is up, demand outside the rush hours is showing the strongest growth.
One of the key elements of this package of service improvements is to the Blue Night Network, the bus and streetcar routes that keep Toronto moving overnight. In the largest expansion of TTC overnight service since the 1980s, 12 Blue Night routes are being added or revised, bringing the total of overnight routes to 31. Ninety-nine per cent of Toronto residents now live within a 15-minute walk of overnight bus and streetcar service.
This extra night service will be invaluable for the many Torontonians that work night shifts, as well as to late-night revelers that need a reliable ride home.
By adding this, and many other service improvements, the TTC continues to rise to the challenge of keeping Toronto moving, 24 hours a day.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017