Go Jays Go on the TTC!10/16/15 6:00 AM
Over the last week, you may have noticed our buses and streetcars displaying windshield signs in support of the Toronto Blue Jays in their playoff run.
The TTC is proud to support the Jays and transport fans to and from games. To facilitate big crowds before and after games, and to ensure a quick, reliable journey, we lay on extra service, as well as deploy our friendly customer service ambassadors to key locations across the TTC to lend a helping hand.
We don’t just provide extra service for sporting events, though. Big events such as Nuit Blanche, Pride, Caribbean Carnival, New Year’s Eve festivities and the many parades that occur throughout the year require plans for extra service and additional staffing to meet increased ridership.
Wherever possible, we try to ensure that big events do not coincide with TTC planned closures, or on days when the City is undertaking key road maintenance. This is sometimes unavoidable, though, given the need to plan big jobs many months in advance, such as subway signal and track upgrades. And the fact is, in a vibrant city like Toronto, there are rarely event-free weekends.
The TTC has worked hard over the past couple of years to get better at handling big events and planned closures. That work paid off handsomely during the recent Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, and is another part of our drive to transform your TTC.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017