Safety and security on the TTC is our No. 1 priority11/20/15 6:00 AM
Last week’s tragic and shocking events in Paris serve as a reminder to everyone that we can never lower our guard when it comes to safety and security; vigilance has never been more important.
Althought it is important to note that at this time, there is no credible threat to Toronto or to our transit system, customer safety remains the TTC’s number 1 priority. With that in mind, we have invested heavily in security and developed extensive contingency plans based on years of experience, best practices and advice from law enforcement.
While subway stations and TTC vehicles are equipped with CCTV cameras, we also train our employees in emergency procedures, following well-rehearsed emergency plans.
In the end, our transit system is an open network, accessible to all who need it. Our team of Special Constables, Fare Inspectors and uniformed Supervisors are visible throughout the system to assist you. We also need your help and ask that you be the eyes and ears of the TTC and report any suspicious activity to a uniformed employee or police. See something, say something is the overriding message.
A note to customers on Line 2
Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) continues to operate more slowly than normal in the west end of the city. The track infrastructure is being rehabilitated both at night and during weekend closures to get it back to the state-of-good-repair needed to function reliably. I’ll keep you posted on progress.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017