The TTC continues to deliver on service and upgrading promises5/1/15 6:00 AM
As I’ve said before, delivering on our promises is a key commitment in our Five-Year Corporate Plan and a key step towards creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
To that end, I am pleased that we completed the first phase of our work on the College/Spadina intersection on time. We promised to restore the 506 College streetcar service by Monday and this duly happened after an intensive three-week closure to replace worn out tracks.
The second phase of the work involves upgrading infrastructure on Spadina Avenue, which will wrap by May 9, thereby enabling restoration of the 510 Spadina streetcar service on May 10.
In a few weeks, we will complete the modernization of Union Station – before the Pan Am Games, just as we promised. This work has involved a comprehensive upgrade to one of our busiest stations and complements the second platform that we opened last year.
By the end of the year, we will install PRESTO smart card readers on all of our streetcars and 11 more subway stations. And by the end of 2016, we will complete the roll-out of PRESTO to our bus fleet and the remainder of the subway, a year ahead of schedule.
While we have had well-publicized setbacks with other projects, typically those that involve multiple third parties, such as the Spadina Subway Extension to York Region, the TTC has a good record on delivering on our state of good repair projects and on other commitments such as those set out in our Customer Charter.
Our Five-Year Plan commits us to getting better at keeping our promises and we are taking steps to do just that through better co-ordination with the City, improved project management tools and a re-examination of our processes.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017